Hi! I know it’s been pretty quiet on my blog lately. (Sorry about that!) My sleeping habits have changed yet again, and my work’s been up to my eyeballs.
The other day, I saw a very interesting book in a friend’s IG story and I thanked her for sharing it. The author seemed to have been inspired by The-Boy-Who-Lived and it caught my eye. The book is shattering, though, but it is truly an eye-opener.
So, here are the rules. They’re really simple:
⚡ Thank the person who nominated you.
⚡ Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
⚡ Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
⚡ Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
⚡ Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
⚡ Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
Now, let’s get to her questions.
1. If your life is going to be a movie or a book what would be its title?
Hmmmh.. Tough one! After several minutes of thinking, I came up with “Too Young to be Old, Too Old to be Young”. heehee
I’ve made “adult” decisions at quite a young age and because of this, I had to experience adulting early. It may not seem like it, but I think maturely. Because of this, I only got to really enjoy myself later in life. Now I feel like I’m too old to do stuff I should’ve experienced in my salad days. I’m still trying to keep up, y’know? I hope it really IS never too late.
2. Do you share your blogs with your friends or just the blogging community?
During my first months of blogging, I just kept my blog to myself. Then some people online stumbled across my [first] blog and found myself in a blogging community. Later on, I started sharing my blog posts on my Facebook. A few of my friends read them, but it wasn’t (and isn’t) really a big deal. The fact that there are people who read my blog already makes me happy. (But of course, I’d love to see my stats going up! 😀 )
3. What’s the story behind your blog name?
RikaNobela because this is MY story. 🙂 Whatever I post, whether it’s a product review, something I experienced, a place I went to, food I cooked or ate, and whatnot, they’re all from MY life. So I’m basically sharing some parts of my life and fragments of my thoughts. Rika, which is my nickname (my full name’s Rikatrina) and I think our life is more like a written narrative, right? So yeah, Nobela (novel).
4. If you could go back or start over college, would you change your major? What is it going to be?
Perhaps not. I DO love to teach and I love English. But perhaps I would, too. I’d love to learn more about Psychology and Creative Writing.
5. What is your most annoying habit that you want to get rid of?
PROCRASTINATING! So much stuff to do, but I end up telling myself ‘mamaya na!’ I want to be consistent and to be more punctual. Like now, I still have so much in my hands, but they’re still sitting on my desk.
6. If you could move and live to a different country or city, where it would be?
Inasmuch as I’d love to live in the Philippines, I would also wanna see and experience what living in Australia is like. We have friends and relatives residing there, and I think there are amazing places and better job opportunities.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Lying. Whether or not it’s the so-called “White Lie”. I don’t care if it’s going to hurt, but I’d rather be told the awful truth than a yummy chocolate-coated lie.
Pretentious. I hate posers! People who claim to be a fan of someone or something, but as they keep talking, you’ll see how little they really know.
Know-it-alls who don’t really have any idea what they’re talking about. Ugh!
BRAGGARTS. Braggart braggarts and humble braggarts. Basta braggarts! You’ll know naman who’s just sharing and who’s bragging, eh.
For example, I have this high school schoolmate, who wasn’t really one of the popular kids in school. Later on in his life, he secured a job abroad and started earning big. He then started posting photos of his new iPhone, new DSLR, new car… Okay, these things are tolerable. But this: “Hirap talaga mag-vacuum ng auto, buti na lang meron akong Black and Decker.” I mean… What’s the point?!
8. What is your top 5 blogging tips for new bloggers?
Hmmh… I honestly don’t feel entitled to give any tips or advice (since I’m not a pro) but if I must, I guess, that would be:
- If you are going to review a product, try to be as detailed as possible. As a reader myself, I want reviews that can provide me with essential information that can help me decide whether or not I should buy a product. I am also very curious about how it looks so the next on this list is also advised…
- Take as many photos as you can. Make sure the photos are clear, sharp, and interesting. Professional cameras are not a requirement, I myself use only my Acer Liquid X2, then use some photo editing apps to make my photos look better. But if you have a nice camera, then better.
- Use appropriate descriptive words, especially when reviewing a product or an item or a place. One rule in writing is that we should try, as much as we can, to avoid using the same word repeatedly. When my memory fails me, I often get help from a dictionary or a thesaurus, to find a proper synonym for the word.
- Proofread your work. Before hitting Publish, you would want to re-read your work more than twice. I suggest that you give yourself at least about 1-hour interval, because our eyes notice errors better some time after writing it. A mistake in grammar can change the context entirely. Better check everything first before making your post public. I learned a great deal out of my own experience. I often got too excited about publishing my post, then I ended up editing it tons of times!
- Like what you’re writing. It is important to know the latest fad… to stay-up-to-date, but you don’t need to write about something you don’t like. You have to LIKE what you write. You have to be interested in your topic to keep the ideas coming. Whether the product you’re reviewing is something you recommend or disapprove of, you should at least be engrossed in your subject.
Hope these simple tips help! Coming from an amateur such as I am!
9. Who would you consider your best travel buddy?
I’d say my partner, Guil. He knows a lot of things when it comes to places. He has a good sense of direction, and I feel safe and less awkward when I’m with him.
10. If you only have a day to live, who are you going to spend it with and why?
Oh, of course my family. We would eat together, watch a movie together, sing together… I’ll hold and embrace them until the last second of my life.
Wow… The last question was pretty tough! Thanks, Rose, for these really challenging questions. Now, I nominate you, my wonderful blogger friends!
Here are my questions… (uhm well they really aren’t questions, but yeah, you get the idea):
- One reason you started blogging
- Two names you considered before you came up with your final blog name
- Three things you always do before writing an article
- Four songs you love listening to at the moment
- Five things that never leave your bag
- Six places you’d love to travel to if given the chance (regardless of the money)
- Seven kinds of food you’d like to eat RIGHT NOW
- Eight adjectives that could describe you (and please add a short explanation)
- Nine makeup items you wish to have by the end of 2017
- Ten things you would change if you had the power to do it
I can’t wait to read your answers!
Hope you follow me on YouTube: MyRikaness
And on Instagram: @MyRikaness
On Twitter: @rixbajns
Like my Facebook page: @RikaNobela
Follow me on Bloglovin’: @RikaNobela
Let’s be friends!