This time last year, I finally took courage to embrace my love for makeup by creating a separate account dedicated only to beauty.
Not only that, I posted my first ever makeup video on YouTube.
For years, I had restricted myself from trying to look good. I was one of those mothers who DGAF about how they looked, as long as their kids were properly clothed. Not only that, I was in that crazy time in my life when grooming was considered flirting or prettying for another person. That was also the time I’d hardly buy anything for myself. I had no balls to even stand for myself. Not that I wanted one. Haha!
But then tables were turned and my pain led me to a blessing. I got to be ME again. Then again, who WAS I? Little by little, I took my baby steps to knowing myself deeply and to savoring my freedom to embrace my individuality.
Fast forward to 2010 or 2011, I discovered my first makeup heroine – MICHELLE PHAN. I can still remember the first video I clicked. It was her Lady Gaga’s Poker Face makeup tutorial. I was so amazed by the magic of makeup!
Few more months passed, and I began playing with makeup. I started with brands I could easily get. I even used the so-called ‘SG Authentic’ eyeshadows.
And the rest is history. 🙂
Fast forward to NOW. I’ve posted 590 photos on my beauty IG account, as of the moment, and a number of makeup videos on YouTube. I’ve done a few mini giveaways, too!
Now I’d like to give back some more love through my #RIXMUKAPat1 Giveaway! Here are the items the winner will get:
- Elizavecca Skin Liar Primer – I super love this primer, so I want you to try it, too! I got this from Althea Korea.
- 8-piece Unicorn Brush Set – I have a similar set and I really love using them. You may have seen me using them in my makeup videos.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – I am soooo in love with this sleeping mask. Read my separate post about it >> here << . Got it from Gabistar.
- Detail Make Over Lip Scrub – I got this from BeautyMNL. To make any lipstick work beautifully, remember to exfoliate and moisturize your lips.
- It’s My Magic Sponge – This one is a bottle gourd sponge from Althea Korea, which is perfect for applying your foundation and concealer. Better use them damp for a better finish.
- Wet n Wild Natural Wear 100% Natural Pressed Powder – This one is in the shade Ivory. I love the fact that it’s made with natural ingredients and the packaging is suuuuper to die for. It’s made with recycled material! I only opened it to take photos, and for my unboxing video (SC Beauty Box), but it’s never been used. So excuse the opened packaging.
- Watson’s Volumizing Treatment Conditioner – This one has beer for fine and thinning hair. This will strengthen and nourish your hair.
8. I’m also going to include 1 Transformation Palette from Make Up World PH! I looove this palette because it’s got 8 eyeshadow shades, 8 lipstick shades, and 2 blush shades! The colors are so versatile you can mix and match to create an every day look or a dramatic evening look.
As promised, each time we reach a hundred more, more items will be added.
9. For hitting 600 subbies, I’m adding 5 Boom Deah Dah face masks! There’s one for brightening, two for moisture, one for firming, and one for nourishing. They’re some of my favorites!
10. For hitting 700 subscribers, I’m throwing in these sample kits from Hera and Suaviss! For the face, we have Hera Aquabolic Moisturizing Emulsion, Hera Modifier Anti-Wrinkle Revitalizing Firmness, and Hera Cell-Bio Omnifocus. For the hair, the winner is going to get sachets of Suaviss Argan Scalp Hair Shampoo and Argan Brilliant Shine Hair Conditioner.
(more to come when we hit 800 and 900!)
But of course, this giveaway is only valid for PH residents.
11. Now that we’ve hit 800 subscribers on YouTube, I’m throwing in a Sooper Beaute Tinte Fluid Foundation!
CLICK IMAGE BELOW TO JOIN:
Since this is some sort of a “birthday” celebration, I have one wish; and that is to reach 1,000 subbies on YouTube!
So this is going to be a RACE TO 1,000! The winner will be announced once I hit 1,000 subscribers.
Who knows? In the long run, more prizes will be included!
Let me also just take this opportunity to thank all of you, who have been with me in this journey. If you saw my IG Stories a couple of weeks ago, I expressed my appreciation to all the people I’ve made friends with on IG and YT.
I wouldn’t consider my 1st year to be successful yet, but I’m so happy I was able to come out of my tough shell.
Watch my video here:
Hope you follow me on YouTube: MyRikaness
And on Instagram: @MyRikaness
On Twitter: @rixbajns
Like my Facebook page: @RikaNobela
Follow me on Bloglovin’: @RikaNobela
Let’s be friends!