Back in October of last year, I was lucky to be a part of the first Meet & Greet and the third blog-versarry of MJ Perez of Vanity Room Philippines! The event was fun-filled and was truly inspiring. I loved that he wanted to share his blessings, not only to us – his friends/followers, but also to the less privileged children.
After the charity event, we had a sumptuous dinner at Dong Juan where we also played fun games and received loot bags filled (literally) with skin care products!
Anyways, one of the products I received was the Opulence Time to Glow White + Renew.
The product is housed in a round transparent acrylic pot with white screw cap. The label has all the basic information that you’ll need to know – what it is for, the amount of product in the container, what it is made of, where and when it was made, how to use it, and when the expiration date is.
I actually like the packaging. It looks clean and simple. The container feels solid and the cap isn’t flimsy or squeaky. The print on the label is also really clear and readable. It does not smear even if you try to smudge it with water. By the way, it was sealed when I first got it.
Let’s just dig a little deeper into some of the ingredients:
- Malva sylvestris is a herb that holds water in the skin making it super hydrated and soft.
- Alchemilla vulgaris, also known as lady’s mantle, belongs to the rose family. It treats minor skin injuries and is beneficial in softening dry and rough skin. This is also often used in creams for rashes, eczema, and other skin problems.
- Melissa officinalis, more commonly known as Lemon balm, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Mentha Piperita, also known as Peppermint, has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that cool skin and prevent acne.
- Veronica officinalis is used for chronic skin problem. It also brightens the skin.
- Achillea millefolium is used for slow-healing wounds that’s also used to lighten the skin.
- Primula veris is used for treating acne, pimples, and other skin blemishes.
- It also has hyaluronic acid, which is a moisture-binding ingredient.
It’s always good to know the stuff you’re putting on your skin, isn’t it? Now, let’s talk about my experience with this product.
When I removed the cap, I found that the product was almost filled to the brim! It has a pure white color that’s quite intimidating for me (in the most positive way possible haha!). I am a super messy person, so when something is pristine white, I feel like if I touch it, it’s going to get dirty or something. 😅
Anyways, the texture is more like a whipped cream – the one you put on your frappe. It has a light moussy texture when applied all over the face or when rubbed on fingers. It’s really easy to spread out because of its thin consistency.
As for the scent, it is powdery light but as rich as cream, if that makes sense. 😅 It has this light and calming fragrance that kind of induces relaxation. It makes me want to smell it more and more. As of this writing, I could hardly stop smelling the back of my hand. (Yep the pictures of the product and my hand above were actually taken today.)
Once applied on the skin, it feels moist but not tacky. After a few minutes, it dries up and leaves a healthy moisture on the skin. My face looks glowy and feels hydrated everytime I use it. It’s really lightweight and not greasy. It doesn’t make me uncomfortable as I catch some Z’s.
A 30g pot costs P148.00, which is actually not bad! It’s really affordable, which makes budgetarians like me happy! The question is, is it worth it?
It has become a part of my nightly routine and my weekly mask routine, and I notice that my face brightened, and some of my acne marks have lightened. Every morning I wake up, my face doesn’t feel greasy, instead it feels so light and plump.
I have not experienced any irritation or breakouts, considering that I have acne-prone skin. Also, even if I’m using other products under it, there was no bad reaction at all.
It says that for better results, I should use the Opulence Hydra + Cleanse Skin Porefecting Toner daily. Unfortunately, I don’t have that yet, but once I do, I’ll definitely share my experience and my thoughts with you, as well.
Hope you follow me on YouTube: MyRikaness
And on Instagram: @MyRikaness
On Twitter: @rixbajns
Like my Facebook page: @RikaNobela
Follow me on Bloglovin’: @RikaNobela
Let’s be friends!