Here’s a five-ingredient recipe for a quick and easy Mac & Cheese, that I came up with during the lockdown. I got most of the ingredients from the nearest sari-sari store.
Some of you might have done this before (woop woop!) but for those who haven’t tried it, then this is worth the shot! Most especially if you’re like me who’s a bit on the lazy side! (ehe! 😅😬😄)
Quick and Easy Mac & Cheese
You’ll notice that the measurements are not indicated here because, for me, the taste depends on our personal preference. For example, if I’m cooking it for myself, I wouldn’t add salt. But if I’m cooking for others, I’d put a little.
The first time I made it, I used 370ml of evaporated milk and 250 ml of all-purpose cream with 450-gram elbow macaroni. Then I ended up adding more macaroni. So I guess it’s safe to say that 750 grams of macaroni would be good.
- elbow macaroni
- all-purpose cream
- evaporated milk
- garlic powder
- cheese powder
- ground dried basil leaf (optional)
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to the instructions in the packaging.
2. In a saucepan, heat the all-purpose cream and evaporated milk.
3. Add garlic powder (according to your preference).
4. Add cheese powder. If you want, you may dissolve it in hot water first (not too much water, though!). The cheesy-ness depends on your preference as well. I suggest that you start with a good amount of cheese powder and gradually add more until it becomes cheesy enough for you.
5. Sprinkle a bit of salt. Again, how much of it depends on your preference.
6. A dash of ground dried basil leaf adds flavor to it, so I highly recommend it.
7. Heat until bubbles appear. Add in your cooked elbow macaroni and mix until everything is fully coated.
And that’s it! Quick and easy Mac n’ Cheese!
Let me know if you’ve tried it and how it turned out.